Day of Discipleship
February 23, 2019
St. Paul United Church of Christ
115 West “B” Street, Belleville, IL 62220
Join Illinois South Conference churches as they learn what resources are available from the Conference and National United Church of Christ. Send several representatives from your church who can ask questions about legal issues, denominational polity, authorization of ministers, marketing and philanthropy, insurance, financial planning for pastors, search and call and more.
● Heather Kimmel, UCC General Legal Counsel
● Rev. Malcolm Himshoot, Minister for Ministerial Calls and Transitions (member of the Ministerial Excellence, Support and Authorization (MESA) team)
● Rev. Andy DeBraber, Major Gifts Officer (member of the Office of Philanthropy, Technology, Identify and Communication (OPTIC) team)
● A representative from The Pension Boards of the United Church of Christ
9:00 am Registration/Snacks
9:30 am Welcome/Opening Prayer and Announcements
9:40 - 10:10 am Introductions of Our Speakers
10:10-10:50 am Presentation and Q & A: Heather Kimmel
10:50-11:30 am Presentation and Q & A: Rev. Malcolm Himshoot
11:30 am -12:30 pm Lunch (meal included in the registration fee)
12:30-1:10 pm Presentation and Q & A: Rev. Andy DeBraber
1:10 –1:20 pm 10 minute break
1:20 –1:50 pm Presentation and Q & A: The Pension Boards
Cost: $35 - includes education and lunch
Click here for more information and registration form.
Click here for bulletin insert.
Calling a youth in Grades 6 -8 and their chaperones. Get ready for Festival of Faith 2019!
Saturday, February 16 at 2 pm to Sunday, February 17 at 2 pm.
Theme: "Catch Fire"---The media, movies, books, and politics all seem to discuss the theme of uprisings which are being done in local grassroots efforts (think: Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner). This may seem new, but even Jesus saw this in His time. Jesus encouraged his disciples and followers to be out there spreading the news of God’s love and desire for us to care for and love our neighbors. He wants us to “catch fire” for God!
Here are all the materials needed for you to register your youth group.
Church Youth Leaders - here’s the process:
- STEP 1: Copy Materials for youth and parents and for potential chaperones. START RECRUITING NOW!
- STEP 2: Complete Space Request and Deposit form and send it and your deposit check, postmarked by JANUARY 18, 2019, to Illinois South Conference. Make checks payable to Illinois South Conference.
- STEP 3: Complete and compile remaining forms.
- STEP 4: When your Group Allocation/Registration form arrives, complete and mail it, along with a single check for all participants AND the entire group’s registration forms, to the Illinois South Conference, postmarked by FEBRUARY 4, 2019.