Yes, it's been three years since the AM was in person.
Join Us in Collinsville!!
Click here for Delegate Materials
ISC Annual Meeting 2022 Highlights
The Annual Meeting on Saturday, October 15, was a wonderful day of fellowship, business and worship. It was marvelous to greet people we have not been in-person with for a few years. Here are some highlights:
- You can see for yourself at these links.
Opening Worship: https://youtu.be/a3o2R9BkkpU
Musical Reflection #1: https://youtu.be/FixJLuKPb4s
Musical Reflection #2: https://youtu.be/q4GaYOUU3vM
Closing Worship: https://youtu.be/UKZqAHdh7Rg
(Thanks to Matt Swinford (standing in center in orange shirt) for handling the technology and last-minute changes to the PowerPoint presentations.)
- The Many blessed us with inspirational music and lyrics.
- One member of Collinsville St. John UCC, Dena Bieser, baked over 33 dozen (396) cookies for the attendees, including, vegan, sugar-free, gluten free, nut-free, rainbow, and regular to include the needs of all. She received a "Baking Queen" apron and tiara.
- At this time, we collected nearly $6,309 for DuBois 6.0 and $3,463 for Disaster Ministries.
- Delegates voted to become a WISE Conference (Welcoming, Inclusive, Supportive, Engaged).
- Photos are courtesy of Amy Rhymer and Rev. Ivan Horn.
- Thanks to all of the teams of ISC members for making this a memorable event.
- Thanks to the Collinsville St. John UCC Men's Fellowship for providing breakfast for the entire group.
- Thanks to Deaconess Foundation for sponsoring the lunch for the entire group.
- Thanks to the MarketPlace participants: Eden Bookstore, Eden Theological Seminary, Deaconess Foundation, Fair Trade Coffee & SERRV, Uni-Pres Kindercottage, Hoyleton Youth & Family Services, Hitz Memorial Home, St. John's Community Care, Messy Church, UCC Insurance Board, UCC United Church Funds, ISC Hunger/Food Action Committee, ISC Justice & Mission Team.
- Snacks donated by the members of Collinsville St. John UCC were abundant.
- We acknowledged a bitter-sweet farewell to Christy Pursell as she moves to Pennsylvania to be closer to your children and grandson, Atticus. We wish her well but will miss her terribly. Thanks, Christy for your ministry here at Illinois South Conference. Kiss the baby for us.
Click here for photos and a review of Delegate Materials
Music & More by "The Many"
Drawing on indie pop and gospel influences, The Many makes music to help give voice to faith and doubt, questions and fears, laments and longings, music that speaks to a non-violent God, a Jesus who is with us and for us, and to a Spirit that can't be easily defined or controlled.
It's music for a movement of resistance to hatred and division, for reconciliation and restoration, and music that always reminds us "we are on this earth to love."
Learn more here.
See a live performance.
ISC Annual Meeting 2022
- Each ISC church asks its members to donate small or large amounts of change during Sunday School, Sunday worship services or meetings prior to the Annual Meeting.
- Bring a representation of the change collected to the Annual Meeting at St John UCC, Collinsville on October 15, 2022. (You can convert some of the change to dollars or one large check by taking the change to a bank. They will count it and exchange it for paper currency.)
- Bring some of the offering as change in a container that can make some noise at the presentation at Annual Meeting.
- Designate a representative from your church to present the money during specified times at Annual Meeting.